Useful Links to Those Interested in Texas Pine Straw
- Alabama Cooperative Extension – Forestry
- University of Arkansas Cooperative Extension Service
- The Bugwood Network
- University of Georgia Extension Forest Resources
- Louisiana Cooperative Extension Service – Forestry
- Mississippi State University Extension Service – Forestry
- NC Cooperative Extension Service
- Pineywoods Resource Conservation & Development Inc.
- Southern Regional Extension Forestry
- Other Forestry Related Links
Duryea, Mary. 1998. Pine Straw Management in Florida’s Forest. Florida Cooperative Extension Service, IFAS, University of Florida, Circular 831.
Haywood, J.D. General Guidelines for Fertilizing Forest Stands Managed for Pine Straw. USDA Forest Service Fact Sheet. Pineville, LA.
Kidder, G., N.B. Comerford and A.B. Mollitor. 1987. Fertilization of slash pine plantations. Florida Cooperative Extension Service, IFAS, University of Florida, Gainesville. Circular 745.
Mills, R., and D.R. Robertson. 1991. Production and Marketing of Louisiana Pine Straw. Louisiana Cooperative Extension Service, Publication 2430.
More, B.J., F.A. Roth, II., H.A. Pearson, and J.D. Haywood. 1992. Pine Straw Harvesting – A New Arkansas Agricultural Enterprise. Cooperative Extension Service, University of Arkansas, Publication MP382.
Pritchett, W.L. and R.F. Fisher. 1987. Properties and management of forest soils. Second Edition. John Wiley and Sons. New York. 494 p.
Stanton, W.M. 1986. Longleaf pine straw production. Woodland Owner Notes. North Carolina Agriculture Extension Service, Raleigh, North Carolina. No. 18.
Stevens, J.C. 2002. Fertilizing Pine Forests in Louisiana and Texas. Louisiana State University Agricultural Center, Publication 2691.
Taylor, E.L. and C. Alverson. 2002. Pine Straw vs. Traditional Mulches: Cost Comparison. Unpublished data. Texas Cooperative Extension. Overton.
Taylor, E.L. and M. Murhprey. 2002 21st Century Forestry Workshops: Loblolly Pine Planting. Texas Cooperative Extension, Publication B-6115.